We are now closed for general submissions, with the exception of our anthology calls. We will reopen July 1st 2020!
At Antimony and Elder Lace Press, we are interested in a few different things, and our requirements are fairly simple.
We are interested in the best mystery, speculative fiction, horror or non-fiction that we can find, regardless of where it comes from.
As far as the formats that we accept, they fall into five main categories:
- Novels at a minimum length of 60k words
- Short Stories for our anthologies between 1,000 and 10,000 words
- Graphic Novels
- Flash Fiction/Short Stories for our website between 500 and 1500 words.
- Non-Fiction material.
What We’ll Consider for Publication
A few things to note in regards to things we consider for publication:
- We believe in quality over quantity. We’d rather you write 500 words that make us sit up and take notice, rather than 5,000 that makes us think that your writing is a better sleep aid then NyQuil.
- We accept work for considerations from both agented and non-agented authors.
- If you have werewolves vampires, or demons in your stories that sparkle, or become angsty teenagers, please don’t waste our time. Think Nosferatu, not… well, you know…
- We have no problem with sex or erotica in your story as long as it serves a purpose. Sex simply to have sex has its place, just not in the stories we publish.
- Please, for the love of the writing gods, don’t send us anything but a complete story. One of our few pet peeves is having a story end at the climax. Remember the idea of a story arc, or if you are unfamiliar with the idea, please learn about it before submitting your work.
- If you are an LGBTQIA author or write authentically in your stories about these types of people or relationships within your story, we’d love to hear from you.
- If you’re a first-time author or one that’s trying to break into the business, be sure to consider us. We’ll do our best to steer you in the right direction if we’re not a good fit.
- At this time, we do accept simultaneous submissions
- At this time, we DO NOT accept reprints
- Please email all submissions/queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For novels or graphic novels, please send the following in an attachment or attachments as needed:
- A Cover Letter
- First three chapters
- A synopsis of the story.
- For short stories for the web or our anthologies, please send the entire story as an attachment using standard manuscript formatting.
- For non-fiction material, please query first as to your idea. If we like it, we’ll contact you to discuss it in more detail.
If you don’t hear from us within three months of the date of submission, then consider your submission not a good fit. We’ll do our best to contact you either way well before that deadline, though!
Our reading period for novels and graphic novels is from July 1 until December 20th
Our reading period for web short stories is year round.
Our reading period for anthology short stories will be posted based on the anthology call for submission.
Queries for non-fiction material are accepted year round.